This training guide diminishes the dangers and doubles the thrill--and safety--of flying single-engine aircraft at high altitudes in mountainous regions. Logically organized by phases of flight--from preflight preparation to landings--the author combines statistics, techniques, and examples of actions (correct and incorrect) that real pilots have taken in actual flight scenarios.
* Details training that offsets mountain flying mistakes
* Describes the effects of altitude on pilots and aircraft
* Outlines cold weather operations and precautions
* Includes search and rescue operation procedures
* Reviews take-off conditions from airport mountains